Triathlon Redditch was formed by a group of like-minded individuals in 2015. What started as a small group of people enjoying regularly, swimming, cycling and running turned into a club as it is now with over 60 members.
The core team members felt that there was a gap in the local area for a triathlon club to be set up, to primarily get new people into the sport, but to also develop the talent that already exists in all three disciplines within the club.
We have a BTF Level 1 coach as well as a BTF Level 2 coach, along with many ride and run leaders ensuring we are able to cater for large groups and differing levels of ability.
We also have 2-3 dedicated swim coaches who assists all Triathletes, improving techniques of the good and helping the novices.
Club Aims and objectives
As stated in the constitution, The aims and objectives of the club will be:
- to offer coaching and competitive opportunities in Triathlon
- to promote the club within the local community and Triathlon
- to ensure a duty of care to all members of the club
- to provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone
- to ensure that all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment.
Triathlon Redditch is an inclusive club for members and trial members aged 18 years and over. Currently the club is unable to provide training facilities or membership to anyone under the age of 18, at any of our sessions. In due course this policy will be reviewed but at the present stage of the club’s development a minimum age requirement of 18 will be strictly applied.