The Triathlon Redditch Club Championship will be running again in 2018. The aim is to encourage club members to take part in events they may not usually, and to have a several events where there are lots of club members entering. Members will get points for competing in and/or marshaling any of the selected events, gaining more points for the better they place amongst Triathlon Redditch members. We will (hopefully) have a web page to display the points as it goes along, to make it more visible than last year.
The events that have been selected for this years championship are:
- Triathlon Redditch GoTri Triathlon (Sunday 22th April)
- Tempo Run for Beer Relay (Fri 25th May)
- RLSS Ragley Crawl (Sat 3rd June)
- TAG1234 (Fri 22nd June)
- Droitwich Triathlon (Sun 22rd July)
- Triathlon Redditch 9.8 Mile Time Trial (Wed 15th Aug)
- Triathlon Redditch Midweek Quickie 5k (details and Date TBC)
- Triathlon Redditch GoTri Triathlon (Date TBC)
The points will be calculated in the following way:
- You must be a club member to gain points.
- Men’s and Women’s points will be awarded separately, and there will be a Male and Female Champion.
- Points will be awarded for places 1 to 8 as follows: 100, 80, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20.
- Every other member completing the event will receive 10 points.
- Members marshaling/orgainising will receive 25 points (unless they also race and score higher).
- 5 bonus points will be awarded for race reviews published on the Triathlon Redditch website for the events.
- Up to 4 events will count towards each members points total.
- In the event of a tie the following criteria will be applied to determine the champion:
- Largest number of events completed.
- Highest placings in events.
- Most times marshalled/orgainised
- Coin toss!!
Good Luck everyone! I hope to see you all on the start line in 2018!