We have just a few days to go until the GoTri Duathlon being held on Sunday 19th March, at the Abbey Stadium, Redditch. We hope your training has gone well.
Registration will open 2:15pm – 2:45pm. Start time is 3pm on the track. Please arrive at the track 5 minutes beforehand. There will be no briefing, so please ensure you read the following:
- You must register BEFORE you put your bike and other items in transition.
- Your race number will be given to you at registration. We will also write it on your hand, arm and leg. We will also give you 2 stickers with your number on – one needs to go on your bike on the front crossbar, and the other on your helmet.
- PLEASE DO NOT FORGET YOUR HELMET – NO HELMET = NO PARTICIPATION. NO NEGOTIATION!
- Transition will be on the grass at the side of the Abbey Stadium – please be careful if it has rained overnight just in case it is slippy.
- When arriving at transition your bike will need to be roadworthy (you may want to take with you on the course a bicycle puncture repair kit). Your bike will be checked as you enter by one of our marshals to ensure your numbers are in place and you have your helmet.
- Please use the changing rooms beforehand – The lockers are 20p. You will need to store all of your other personal belongings in there.
- Due to new regulations, no boxes are allowed to remain in transition.
- The cycle course is out and back. There will be marshals at the main junctions and at the turning point – they are NOT there to stop traffic. It is YOUR responsibility to stop, foot down, and look for oncoming traffic and move on when it is safe to do so. Please be careful of the new housing estate at Church Hill Centre.
- The cycle course is displayed on our website so please ensure you take a look beforehand and familiarise yourself with the route. Please take care of the height barrier as you leave the Abbey on your bike.
- The run course will be marshalled. It takes place on the tarmac outside the track for 3 laps and then on the track for 3 laps. You will be given bands as you go around so please ensure you take them, and receive and hand in 2.
- When you cross the finish line please take a barcode as you will need to go and get this scanned to claim a finish time.
- Finish times will be published within 48 hours on our website and Facebook page.
Transition will shut at 2:45pm (15 minutes before start time) and will not reopen until the last cyclist has returned off the cycle course and started their final run. Please DO NOT try and retrieve your bike beforehand. All bikes will be checked for the correct corresponding number on collection from transition, so please ensure you do not rub your number off your hand.
I will be around on the day if you wish to ask any questions, or you can email me before the day.