We have just a few days to go until the GoTri Splash & Dash being held on Sunday 5th February, at The Abbey Stadium, Redditch.
Registration is open 2:15pm – 2:45pm. The first participant will be off at 3:20pm.
There are just a few reminders we need to do before the event:
- Please use the changing rooms beforehand – The lockers are 20p. You will need to store all of your personal belongings in there.
- You will receive your start time when you arrive at registration – please make sure you check what time you are off. You must be poolside 10 minutes before your allocated time.
- We recommend that tri suits or suitable swimwear is worn for the swim.
- In transition we recommend that you have layered clothing. If it is cold / windy you may wish to also have a running jacket, hat and gloves – remember you will be very wet! You will also need socks to run in, a towel on the floor to put your items on and of course your running shoes. NB. please remember a spare pair of shoes, as once you put your running shoes in transition you will still need to get around – we do not recommend barefoot.
- As the weather is very unpredictable at the moment, if you wish to do so you may put a spare towel poolside so you can head into transition with this around you. You will not be allowed back into the changing room to get changed or dry off.
- Due to new regulations, no boxes are allowed to remain in transition.
- For the swim you must do either front crawl or breast stroke. Back stroke and butterfly are not permitted.
- The run route is 3 laps on the tarmac outside of the track followed by 3 laps on the track itself. On the 2nd & 3rd lap on the outside you will be given a band – Please make sure you keep it whilst running. After 3 laps you will then go inside the track with 2 bands. As soon as you enter to complete your 1st lap you hand a band over to the marshal. Then you hand your 2nd band over on the 2nd lap, so on your 3rd and final lap you should have no bands – therefore, you can cross the finish line!
- When you cross the finish line, please ensure you take a finish token from the marshal and take this to be scanned. This will get you a finish time.
- Finish times will be published within 48 hours.
GoTri Splash & Dash