Triathlon Redditch is going to run a Club Championship for the first time in 2017. The aim is to encourage club members to take part in events they may not usually, and to have a several events where there are lots of club members entering. Members will get points for competing in and/or marshaling any of the selected events, gaining more points for the better they place amongst Triathlon Redditch members.
The events that have been selected for this years championship are:
- Triathlon Redditch GoTri Triathlon (Sunday 30th April)
- Tempo Run for Beer Relay (Fri 26th May)
- Any Isoman 1/4 distance event (Sat 1st July)
- Droitwich Triathlon (Sun 23rd July)
- Birmingham BRAT Triathlon Standard Distance (Sun 6th August)
- Triathlon Redditch 9.8 Mile Time Trial (Wed 23rd Aug)
- 1485 No Frills Autumn Duathlon (Date TBC)
The points will be calculated in the following way:
- You must be a club member to gain points.
- Men’s and Women’s points will be awarded separately, and there will be a Male and Female Champion.
- Points will be awarded for places 1 to 8 as follows: 100, 80, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20.
- Every other member completing the event will receive 10 points.
- Members marshaling/orgainising will receive 25 points (unless they also race and score higher).
- 5 bonus points will be awarded for race reviews published on the Triathlon Redditch website for the events.
- Up to 4 events will count towards each members points total.
- In the event of a tie the following criteria will be applied to determine the champion:
- Largest number of events completed.
- Highest placings in events.
- Most times marshalled/orgainised
- Coin toss!!
Good Luck everyone! I hope to see you all on the start line in 2017!